PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
From single-family houses to large multi-family buildings, Cascade Management professionally manages properties to match owner’s needs. We offer a variety of services as part of your basic Property Management Package as well as additional Set up, Leasing and Maintenance support.
Basic Property Management Package
- Respond to emergencies 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
- Respond to phone, text, email inquiries for all reasons
- Maintain office hours for public accessibility and meetings
- Maintain office legal documents, lease files organized for audit, security deposit ledgers in compliance with State requirements, past renter records, inspection reports, notices, addenda, screenings, etc.
- Maintain current database of tenant contact and financial info
- Provide any and all supporting documentation and copies to renters, credit check companies, other landlords, etc.
- Enforce rules & regulations
- Preparation of violation letters and follow-ups
- Manage complaints, remedies and tenant satisfaction
- Provide regular market research utilizing numerous sources
- Schedule, plan, advise and suggest rent increases and other lease changes
- Implement rent increases notices, options, new leases, etc.
- Collect rent: copy, endorse, deposit and report
- Collect other income: Manage, deposit and report
- Manage delinquencies, late payments, NSFs, fees, notices, follow up calls, mailings, etc. for accounts receivable
- Manage collections agency or court processes for major delinquencies
- Detailed monthly reporting of income, petty cash, delinquencies, etc.
- Coordinate with the owner’s accountant for the preparation of taxes and financial review and audits
- Assist owner in preparing and implementing an annual budget
Maintenance, Repair and Improvements (under $1000)
- Prepare bid specifications if needed
- Obtain qualified bids if needed
- Review bids and prepare comparisons
- Supervise on-site personnel
- Establish a preventative maintenance program
- Anticipate legal and logistical maintenance and habitability issues
- Coordinate and track inventory
- Track and Coordinate completion of maintenance and work orders
- Advise owner of potential problems and solutions
- Monitor property on a routine basis
(Usually contracted for on an hourly basis)
Property Set-Up Procedures
- Inspect candidate properties as needed to assist owner in feasibility analysis
- Provide market analysis of candidate properties as needed to assist owner in feasibility analysis
- Inspect entire property and units for current condition and urgent needs
- Meet with owner(s) to devise initial management strategy, plan and general budget
- Develop initial deferred maintenance list and follow through with planning to ameliorate with respect to urgency and budget
Turn Over and Leasing
- Market research the value of apartment listings
- Design and build the advertising for a rental property
- Respond to all inquiries providing follow up as needed
- Set appointments to view, properly alert current renter
- Show the unit, pre-screen interested parties
- Accept deposits, screen applicants, create leases and new tenant packets.
- Move the new tenant in, inspect the unit, verify all documents signed, and the file is complete
- Maintain database of tenant contact information
- Determine and schedule when leases should be reviewed prior to expiration
- Manage lease renewal options to suit optimal duration and rental rate
- Process move-out notices to facilitate timely re-rental of rental property
- Schedule cleaners, blind cleaning, carpet cleaning and other basic turn over services as needed.
- Process move out report and timely refund and/or accounting of all security deposit / pet deposit / other deposit monies.
- Suggest budget-minded improvements to optimize rental income
Maintenance, Repair and Improvements (over $1000)
Same services as the “under $1000” category but in addition:
- Negotiate bids to strike an appropriate balance of price, quality and schedule with direct participation of owner as appropriate
- Strategic design and source materials as appropriate
- Direct supervision of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers
- Regular site visits to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to plan
- Management of project schedule with respect to voluntary vacancy loss ensuring prompt re-rental of completed rental unit